First sentence that you read when you visit official page „Denarius is a PoW/PoS hybrid cryptocurrency based off the original Satoshi Core codebase“
Regarding the coins itself;
- Name: Denarius
- Ticker: DNR
- Coinmarketcap: 712
- Max Supply: 10.000.000 DNR
- Market Cap: $2,926,844 USD
- Price: around 0.00014500 BTC
So we are talking about relatively unknown coin in the scene with daily volume trading below 1 BTC in total?
Coin came under the radar of wider crypto collective only after recently announced integration from Trezor hardware wallet which will support Denarius after their next update.
Behind the scene
Denarius has started as a small project few years ago and was first developed by gentleman that goes by name Carsen Klock. With some great release and improvement we can say that he made a great job together with others whose names was release few days ago.
- Native QT wallet for Windows and MacOS
- Coinomi for Android and IOS
- Agama DNR wallet for Windows
- BarterDEX for Linux, Windows, MacOS
Denarius is already listed on Cryptopia where more than 95% of daily volume is currently traded. Other exchanges like CoinExchange, Stocks.Exchange, Cryptohub and NovaExchange holds only minor volumes for now. Some inquiries were made to Bittrex crew but there was only silence from their side for now.
So yeah you can do some mining on pools and you can make passive income from staking it directly in your wallet, or if you want even more rewards from staking you can start your own MasterNode with 5000 DNR coins or take a seat in shared MasterNode from MyNode.rocks for only 10 DNR if that is all you have at the moment.
Denarius is the first crypto currency that implemented this algorithm which we can say consists of best features already found in three most secured algos NIST5: JH, Keccak, and Echo.
Miners and pools
Regarding the mining there are few good alternatives in random order
Regarding the miner you can use cc miner from tpruvot or any other variant that has implemented tribus algo in it.
PROS and CONS
- ASIC resistant– As far as it goes TRIBUS is still algorithm, that is ASIC resistant
- Stealth Addresses – Easily send DNR via stealth addresses for private and secure transactions.
- POS – After maturity of coins that is usually around 8 hours you get some rewards from contributing the network.
- MasterNode options – If regular POS from inside your wallet isn’t enough for you take some action and grab yourself a MasterNode while DNR is still cheap for the features it offers. If you don’t have enough coins for complete MasterNode feel free to try shared one from MyNode.rocks
- Constant development – with established team and developer that know his job you can be sure that your coins will be worth more in the future then they worth today
- Small daily volumes – This can be good and bad regarding the point of view. If you like more steady prices for your coins then you are in a bad luck because small daily volume coins can easily be manipulated on smaller exchanges
- Lack of bigger exchange integration – If Denarius manages to get listed on some major exchanges that could bring in some fresh holders and daily volume increase which will bring bigger price and more stable environment for coin itself.
My personal opinion regarding Denarius is that with publicly announced team there are definitely some new steps being made and that will bring even faster progress for core development and marketing for this project that started as a one man band.